The MFRW Steam hop is a monthly event hosted by Marketing for Romance Writers as part of the MFRW Authors Blog. Focused on authors who write spicy or erotic fiction, it's a chance to connect with readers who like their romance to sizzle!
You can post an excerpt from your current WIP or any previously published book - and don't be shy about turning up the erotic heat! All sub-genres and orientations are welcome.
Readers who are looking for books with erotic content will have the chance to jump from one author to another, using the list of links at the bottom of each post. Use the MFRW Steam hop to build your fan base as well as to meet other authors.
All MFRW authors are invited to participate. Authors should be aware that excerpts may be sexually explicit.
The Steam Hop will take place the day before the second Wednesday of each month. Usually (but not always) this will be the second Tuesday. The Hop is timed to coincide with the monthly MFRW Retweet Day event.
Join whenever you can. On the Friday before each Steam hop, a post will go live here on the MFRWsteam blog giving you the ability to sign up. When the hop goes live on Tuesday, the full list will increase visibility.
What Are The Perks?
o Your blog link listed in each of the other participating blogs.
o Your blog post shared on social media by other authors.
How Do I Participate?
1. Create a post on your own blog that includes the MFRW Steam banner, an excerpt from your book, your book cover, blurb and buy links. Schedule it for the hop date. You can get the Steam banners here.
2. Add your blog link to the list below. There will be a new blog post, and a new Linky List, for each hop. Be sure to use the exact link to your post, not a general link to your blog.
3. Also include the Linky List code. To get this code, click below the list where it says "Get the Code here...". Insert it into the bottom of your blog post in the HTML window. For Wordpress use the alternate link provided. If you have difficulty using the code, please link instead to: http://mfrwsteam.blogspot.com.
4. Use a unique post title in the Linky List form and in the post itself. Don't just title it "MFRW Steam #1" or use your name as the only title.
5. Place the Steam banner in your blog's sidebar to help advertise the meme.
6. Use #MFRWsteam in your tweets and title.
7. Jump around using the Linky List to see what other authors are writing. Leave comments to let them know you were there. Tweet about their post.
o Be sure you include the full permalink to your blog post, not just the general URL for your blog.
o Your post must be live by 4 AM Eastern US time on the day of the Steam Hop. If your post is not live by then, the moderators reserve the right to remove your link from the list.
o Signup for the May 10th Steam Hop closes at 11:50 EDT on May 9th.
o Please do not use hashtags in the signup form. Save those for your post.
Any questions or concerns about the hop (including requests for link removal) should be directed to Lisabet Sarai at lisabet [at] lisabetsarai [dot] com.
Post a Comment
Please enter your comment here